2008 Grand Banks Eastbay
Yacht price :
Welcome to a world of comfortable cruising and livability wrapped in the power and grace of a true express cruiser. With a modified deep-V hull designed by the legendary C. Raymond Hunt Associates, an incredibly smooth ride combined with remarkable performance is the trademark of the 54 Eastbay SX. With beautifully hand-crafted teak workmanship above and below decks, cozy entertainment and living areas, and a wide open cockpit, this luxurious, enclosed salon exemplified Grand Banks' heritage in every step.
"Ultress" (Name Reserved) was the last Eastbay 54 ever built, so if you are looking for this model you cannot get a newer one. She has many improvements which put her, head and shoulders above any other Eastbay 54 available on the market. "Ultress" was built for a very experienced yachting family and the detail in the build is very evident as you step aboard.
- Grand Banks
- East Greenwich, RI, US
- Vessel Name:
- ULTRESS (Reserved)
- Boat Type:
- Express Cruiser
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- C Raymond Hunt Associates
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 54 ft - 16.46 meter
- 16 ft - 4.88 meter
- Draft - max:
- 4 ft 4 in - 1.32 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- C-15 ACERT
- Cruise Speed:
- 29 MPH
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Direct Drive
- Fuel Type:
- 853 (Individual), 1706 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- 35 MPH
- Fuel Tank:
- 934 gallons - 2 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 200 gallons - 2 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 80 gallons - 2 tank(s)
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
"Ultress"is a three cabin layout. She provides comfortable private sleeping accommodations for six (6). Her interior is nicely appointed and features a varnished teak and holly cabin sole that pulls it all together.
The owner's stateroom is forward with an island queen and an en suite head. The head features a separate stall shower, Silestone "Ivory Coast" counters and a vacu-flush toilet with fresh water flush. This cabin was modified during her build to achieve the largest berth size possible, added overhead outboard lockers with louvered doors and a second hanging locker was added to port. Teak batten hull ceiling were installed in areas where there are no cabinets.
Two Guest cabins, the one to port, has two twin berths with storage under and separated by a large hanging locker. The starboard guest cabin, has over/under bunks and can be converted to an open space seating area when you fold the top bunk down and open the two sliding pocket doors. There is also a flip up desk in this cabin making this cabin truly multifunctional.
The Guest Head is to starboard opposite the guest cabin with the twin berths. This head also features Silestone "Ivory Coast" counters and a vacu-flush toilet with fresh water flush.
The Galley is to port, just opposite the convertable guest cabin.
The Salon is up three steps and aft of the galley. As you enter the salon from the dual opening center line doors in the cockpit (fitted with a phantom retractable screen door), you have a straight settee to port, extended all the way to the back of the companion seat, and a custom entertainment center with pop up TV and custom teak bar under to starboard. Two GB stick chairs can be found on each side of the entertainment center. These chairs are easily moved to the center line to surround the custom Teak hi/lo table for dinning. Forward of the settee you have the companion seat with U-line icemaker in cabinet under and a custom flip (fore and aft) backrest. This feature allows you to face forward when travelling or flip the back rest forward and then you can sit facing aft and become part of the circle of conversation in the salon.
The salon furniture is done in ulta-leather. There are custom "Skysol" blinds for all salon and helm deck windows, including the three forward windows.
The Helm is mid-ship, starboard just opposite the companion seat. The helm is outfitted with a very complete electronics package, a STIDD helm chair, upgraded MPD engine displays (Caterpillar's integrated engine monitoring system) and Twin Disc EC 300 single lever electronic engine controls, Another very handy feature is the starboard side deck acess door to the helm. This door is fitted with a phantom retractable screen door.
Ventilation -Natural ventilation is evident throughout her interior by the many stainless opening ports (w/ screens), overhead hatches (w/ screens & shades), dorades and the opening salon doors (aft and starboard) both with phantom retractable screens. Airconditioning and heat is provided by four Marine Air Systems units. (3) 16,000 BTU and (1) 12,000 BTU
The large U-shaped galley is located to port at the base of the companion way stairs. The overhead is open creating lots of light to this space.
- (3) Burner Force 10 Propane stove with oven
- Sharp R-930CS Microwave Oven
- Grunert Holding Plate Refrigeration (2) Boxes
- Grunert Holding Plate Freezer (1) Box
- "Absolute" Black Granite Counter tops
Wired for both 12 volt DC and 110 volt AC to seperate panel with individual breakers. Also ship's power can be provided by an Onan 13.5 KW generator with sound shield or the ship's inverter.
110 Volt AC System
- Panel with individual breakers
- Amp and Volt Meters
- 50 amp Shore Power Connection with 75' of Cable on a Glendenning Cablemaster
- Individual outlets throughout the yacht
- ONAN 13.5 KW Genset with Sound Shield (243 hours 5/22/2012)
- Mastervolt 24/50, 50 amp 24 volt DC battery charger for bow thruster and windlass batteries
- Mastervolt 12/30, 30 amp 12 volt DC battery Charger for house, engine and inverter batteries.
- Inverter Trace Model PS2512-2500W with remote panel wired to control all 110V outlets and microwave
- (4) 20 watt Aquasignal flourescent lights in engine room
12 Volt DC System
- Panel with individual breakers
- Amp and Volt Meters
- Navigation lights
- Interior and engineroom lights
- (2) Lifeline AGM 8 D Engine Start Batteries (New 2012)
- (2) Lifeline AGM 8 D House Batteries (New 2012)
- (2) Lifeline AGM 8 D Inverter Bank (New 2012)
- (1) Lifeline AGM 4 D Generator Start (New 2012)
- Icom M504 Vhf/Hailer Transceiver
- Icom Command Microphone
Furuno 1944C/Nt 10.4”Color Navnet VX2 Radar/Chartplotter System w4’ Open Array 4Kw
Northstar 6100i 10.4” Navigation Display
Simrad Ap26 Autopilot
Brookes & Gatehouse H1000 Depth, Speed & Wind Pack
(2) Engine Room Cameras
(1) Cockpit Camera
Furuno Sirius Weather Receiver
Computer port on portside by companion seat
Kvh Tracvision 4 HP Satellite TV Antenna System
- Kvh Trac Net 100 Mobile Internet Receiver
- Direct TV
- 26" Panasonic Viera Flat Panel TV
- Bose Lifestyle System
Hull and Deck
This Eastbay 54 features a "White" hull, "Cardova Gold" awlgrip cove stripe, "Endeavour Blue" boot stripe and epoxy barrier coated bottom with "Green" antifouling paint. The hull is vacuum bagged PVC core to the water line and solid glass hull bottom. The decks are vacuumed bagged balsa core. The decks are "Moon Dust" non-skid and there is teak for the cockpit floor, combing and steps.
- Varnished toe-rail
- Cockpit Refrigerator (Isotherm Model CR 42)
- Cockpit Grill (Force 10 Electric)
- Stainless Deck Rails
- Stainless double anchor roller in stemhead
- Maxwell Liberty RC 2500 Windlass
- Stainless Steel Suncor Plowmaaster 60 lbs Anchor w/ 250' of chain rode
- PVC rub-rail with Stainless 1/2 round insert
- TNT Lift System fitted to oversized teak swim platform
- Underwater Transom lights
- Bennett Trim Tabs
- Bow Thruster Sleipner Side Power SP 155 TCi (24 volt)
- Twin Caterpillar C-15 ACERTS (853 hp/ea)
- Caterpillar MPD in lieuy of standard displays
- Twin Disc EC 300 Electronic Single lever controls
- Tramsmissions are Twin Disc MGX-5114 A 1.92:1
- (2) NiBrAl 4- bladed props Dia 33" x Pitch 34"
- Shafts - Aqualoy 22 Stainless 145 9/16" x 2 3/4" O.D.
- Dripless Shaft Seals- Strong-Sure Seal by Tides Marine, FL.
- Onan 13.5 Generator with Sound shield
- Racor 500 MA for Gen-set
- Racor 75/1000 Max (Crossover) for Main engines
- Fuel Transfer Pump- Jabsco VR 050-1122
- Centroid Fuel/Water Tank Monitor
- Reverso GP-3013 Oil Change pump
- 2008 Achilles 310 RIB w/ 20 HP Four stroke Hoda and St. Croix seat system
- Splendide Washer/Dryer Combo
- Custom Bimini covers entire cockpit (Brand New 2012)
- Custom fitted bedding for all three cabins
- Canvas Exterior window covers
- Dock Lines and Fenders
- USCG safety gear
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
JP Skov is proud to say these owner's have built two Eastbays with him. He has the detail in the build of "Ultress", Grand Banks Eastbay 54 hull # 28, from day one. Please feel free to contact him with any questions.
Eastbay 54 Interior Walk Through
Exterior Walk Around